I modify this recipe from Paula Dean’s Zucchini Bread recipe. Among the changes I did were,
- I changed the amount of sugar to 2 cups
- I usually use freshly milled wheat flour. It gives a nutty texture and a good flavor.
- The eggs I use are usually free range eggs
- Also I use melted coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup of coconut oil.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and fresh lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard greased loaf pans, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
I usually wait for 10 to 15 minutes before I take the bread from the pans. I usually loose the edges before getting the bread out.
Pretty and Yummy!