It is a blessing to see the quality and quantity of Latino Literature now available in the market. A simple visit to Amazon made me aware of it. And if you go to ebay you can also find a lot! But lets be honest, it can be costly. So here a few options I found available at a very low cost or at none,
- Do you have an Ollie’s available in your area? They carry books in Spanish.
- Check in Second Hand Stores, I love going to the Habitat Stores or the Goodwill. I found many books including bilingual dictionaries in this type of store. Sometimes they have a storage smell, nothing that baking soda can not get rid of.
- You tube has videos or read aloud cuentos. You can search the terms “books read aloud in Spanish”.
- There is some websites that have freeon line books in Spanish. For instance,
- Public Libraries are such a blessing! I was making the mistake of looking for books in the Spanish section. I thought I had read all the Spanish children’s books from my local library. What I did not know, is that I hadn’t read all the Bilingual Latino Literature available. However, as soon as I started to look under author I found many Latino Literature books. Also, my library was able to request the books from other library branches
- Latinas for Latino Literature has a very complete list or authors, and books by age. So browse their site, and you will find a lot of cool stuff to support your search.