Somehow parents and teachers seem to be looking for poetry resources before Valentines, In April for the National Poetry month, during Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and any special date to celebrate.
Here is a list of poetry websites, that any bilingual (Español-English) family would like to have,
- Cuentos, poesía y literatura latinoamericana en la Libreria Virtual de la Comunidad Andina de Naciones, I found 2 complete books, El Circo de Papel and la Escuela de Fiesta, of the Bolivian Children’s Poet Oscar Alfaro. You can also find poems from different Latin American Countries, by country and author.
- Poemas del Alma is an amazing website if you like poetry. It shares poetry from famous Latinamerican Poets such us, Pablo Neruda, Mario Benedetti, Octavio Paz, y more.
- And if you like the Chilean Gabriela Mistral, you can take a pick of her books at Google books
- Stories and Poetry at www.cuentosinfantiles.org .
- Cuento Cuentos, is fun website that has stories and poetry to read, to listen and to color.
- el huevo de Chocolate.
- The argentinian Douglas Wright is a great resource for easy children’s poems
Poems for the Family links,
- Poesias para la Familia
- Poesias para el dia de la Madre
- Poesias para el dia del Padre ….
- Alma Flor Ada has beautiful poetry books written for children.
If you find more, please let me know to add them to the list. Gracias!