I really did not do a bucket list this Summer, my goal was to try to have fun without spending a lot of money. Our awesome library helped me to reach my goal. They offered many activities to almost no cost. One of the activities was Design your own Fairy Garden.
My first thought after reading the workshop was: “I am not sure if my kids are really going to enjoy it”. The truth is that they really do not care much about fairies, except when they loose their teeth. And in that case they even write to the tooth fairy and Raton Perez to make sure they take the time to stop by. Anyway, I signed them up. And you know what? They loved it! It was not about fairies at all, it was about the garden.
They were able to create a Mini Garden. It was the perfect opportunity to learn about:
- Gardens and its elements,
- Design their very own garden
- Plant their own garden
- Maintain their own garden
- and of course, review their Spanish vocabulary.
I think everybody can do it! For the project you will need,
- A plastic box with holes drilled in. So you can water your garden and let your plants live
- Potting soil, or just plain soil
- Real plants to transplant or plastic ones
- Tiny toys for details for your project.
Here a few pictures of their gardens. Aren’t they nice?
PS. It does not have to be a Fairy garden, it could work also for a playmobile.