Did you know that The very Hungry Caterpillar is turning 45? Yes, Eric Carl published this book 45 years ago! This book is fun, colorful, perfect for little kids and for second language learners. I have to say that all his books are very special to me.
I started my Spanish Spring unit studying the butterfly cycle. And of course, I used a La Oruga Muy Hambrienta to help me!
Spring units that you can use the book for,
- Butterfly Cycle (El ciclo de la Mariposa).
- Reviewing of counting and numbers (Contar en Español)
- Fruits and Food (Frutas y Vegetales)
- Colors (Colores)
- Improve your memoria with a memory vocabulary game!
I googled activities for the book and I found this very cool links
- Eric Carl’s Coloring page and also this activity pack.
- Kid’s activities blog. com has 8 clever ideas with Balloons, Food and Fun with the very Hungry Caterpillar.
- I made a booklet for my class and I would like to share it with you, la oruga muy hambrienta. This booklet includes activities to color, vocabulary with pictures and numbers, crafts ideas and matching cards.
You may also like,